South African Hajj and Umrah Council Announcement
National Hajji Registration and Accreditation for South Africans
wishing to perform Hajj 1429
All praises are due to Allah (SWT), C reator of the Universe. Salutations upon the Beloved Prophet of ALLAH (SWT) Nabi Mohammad (SAW).
Alhamdulillah, the time has once again dawned for the registration of potential Hujjaj who yearn to perform Hajj in the year 1429AH insha-ALLAH. Please follow the instructions below to register –
Requirements for Registration
Apply on-line ONLY.
Please have all personal information at hand (ID, Passport, etc)
Please ensure that a printer is connected to the computer – to print the receipt upon completion of registration.
1. All Muslim males or females, 18 years and over can register.
2. SAHUC will not entertain any written applications.
3. NO applications will be accepted after 16th May 2008 at 23h30.
4. Only valid Mahrams will be accepted - Hajj Operators and or Group Leaders will not be acceptable as Mahrams .
5. Foreigners with “permanent residence” status may also apply; such persons must present their credentials at the nearest SAHUC regional office.
6. Females over the age of 45 years who intend performing hajj without a Mahram must indicate such on their application.
7. A male can only act as a Mahram for his family as prescribe by Shariah, ( Mother, wives, sisters, daughters, aunts, granddaughters, mother – in –laws, niece)
8. Male applicants must register before the registration of the females for whom he acts as Mahram.
9. A maximum number of six (6) immediate family members (Husband, wife, children and grandparents of both husband and wife) can apply - Minimum ages of family members must be18 years.
10. Registration period: Commences on 16th April 2008 (00h01) midnight until 16th May 2008 (23h30).
11. Preference will always be given to those who intend to perform their first (Fardh) Hajj.
12. Those persons who have performed hajj within the last five years (1423 – 1428) should not apply unless the applicant is a MALE acting as a Mahram to his female family member.(see nr 7)
13. Any persons who is found out to have attempted to cheat the system, will have their names publicised and be barred from application for a period of ten (10) years.
14. The responsibility for ensuring that true and correct inform ation is provided when registering on-line rests solely with the applicant (the person intending to perform hajj).
15. A NON – REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE of R 100, 00 must be paid by debit or credit card; instructions will be found on the application system. This fee is applicable for this year’s hajj only.
16. All queries must be directed to the following email address: email@example.com ; queries forwarded by other means will not be entertained
17. Ensure that all information provided upon application is correct. Corrections will not be entertained after the Accredited List is publicised.
Family / Husband – Wife / Applicants
Immediate Family Registration: The Mahram takes responsibility for the entire Group
- A maximum of six family members can apply together. (See registration item no. 9).
- Family refers to parents, siblings, grandparents, children and grandchildren only.
- A family registration will be averaged by the number of applicants in the group thus ensuring that the group remains queued together on the system.
- The criterion for Mahram is referred to in item 7 above and has to be adhered to.
First time Wife hajji, Husband (Mahram) been on Hajj before
- A first time wife hajji will pull her mahram even if he is a repeat hajji. (husband and wife only)
Husband & Wife (both first time Hajjis)
- In order to queue the husband and wife together, their scores will be averaged and be queued accordingly. Example - Husband score 130, wife 100 = 230 / 2 = 115. Both are queued at 115.
First Time Husband & Wife been on Hajj before
- If the husband decides to be linked to his wife, their scores will be averaged; e.g.Husband score 122, wife 76 = 198 / 2 = 99 score, will be queued accordingly. Another option allows the husband not to be linked to his wife’s application, resulting in both being queued according their respective scores.
1) All applicants will start with a base score of 100 points.
2) All first time applicants (hajjis) will score an additional twenty five (25) points.
3) The “mean” (average) age has been set at 45years.
4) One point will be added for every three years older than 45 years .
5) One poin t will be deducted for every three years younger than 45 years .
6) A repeat hajji will have ten points (10) deducted for every hajj previously performed.
7) All repeat Mahrams who performed hajj within the last five years, after 1423 will have a further 50 points deducted in addition to clause 6.
8) No Bonus Points will be allocated for those applicants who applied last year – 1428AH.
Registration is deemed to be complete once payment has been made and a confirmation receipt has been printed. Accreditation of hujjaj will take place thereafter and a list of successful applicants will be available online at a date still to be determined. The following process will then have to be complied with:
1. Accreditation is subject to the quota received from the KSA for South Africa.
2. Accreditation will take place per the queuing on the system; ranked by points, followed by date and time priority of application.
3. Once accredited and you have identified your name on the Accredited list, please follow the procedures hereunder:
- After accessing the system, enter your unique receipt number in the box provided (Your application will then appear on the screen).
- Three buttons will be visible – “ACCEPT” / “REJECT” / TENTATIVE”
- By “Accepting” – you accept the conditions of registration to perform Hajj in the year 1429AH. Upon ACCEPTANCE, you are directed to another screen to choose your preferred accredited hajj operator. Once this selection is made, no changes can be entered into.
- By “Rejecting” – you reject the accreditation. No changes will be effected thereafter.By “Tentative” – you have 14days within which to “Accept”. Failing which you will automatically be struck off the Accredited List.
- Any amendments after this process will have to be presented in writing to SAHUC.
- SAHUC reserves the right to reject such requests if found to be of an unsubstantial nature.
4. Repeat hajjis will only be considered for accreditation once all first time applicants have been accredited within our allocated quota.
5. Badal Hajj requests – may be considered, if space allows, after all first time applicants have been accredited (same as 4 above).
CONTACT DETAILS -SAHUC’s Regional offices:
Gauteng – 011 689 5500;
KZN – 031 2081898 ;
Western Cape – 021 637 8893;
Eastern Cape – 041 4575223
Dated: 10 April 2008